Your NuRich is a life-long companion. Follow the simple maintenance steps below and your bottle will keep providing the pure refreshment you love, in the years to come.
Before Initial Use:
Hand-wash your bottle and cap with hot, soapy water. Rinse the flask as well as the cap, and it’s ready for adventure.
- Put your bottle through the dishwasher or soak the exterior in hot water: The dishwasher can get hot enough to affect the insulation property of the bottle as well as discolor the powder coat. Similarly, soaking your entire bottle in hot water can discolor the powder coat.
- Put your NuRich in the freezer: Due to the double wall vacuum insulation, the water inside will be protected from the temperature inside the freezer and won’t freeze. If you want ice cold water, put some ice cubes inside your bottle and notice how long it takes them to melt.
- Put your bottle on the stove: Due to the double wall vacuum insulating property of the flask, outside temperature will not change the inside beverage temperature. If you put your bottle on any sort of stove or heat source, the heat will damage the outside of the flask.
- Soak or put the Life Grabber Wide Mouth Lid, Rise & Grind Wide Mouth Lid, Super Sport Lid through the dishwasher: Life Grabber Wide Mouth Lid, Rise & Grind Wide Mouth Lid, and Super Sport Lid can take on water when they are run through the dishwasher or submerged in water for an extended time. Instead, we recommend hand washing them with hot, soapy water, rinsing and allowing them to dry.
- Use bleach or chlorine to clean our products. Those chemicals will ruin and rust stainless steel, therefore they should not be used on our products.
- Wash your bottle with a bottle brush: You can find a perfect bottle brush in the baby section of most grocery stores. Use the bottle brush as frequently as possible.
- Use white distilled vinegar for cleaning: You can use household white distilled vinegar to help remove any stains or discoloration on the inside of your bottle. We recommend putting ½ cup of vinegar in your bottle, gently swirling the vinegar around to wash any affected areas and let sit for 5 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with warm water and repeat if necessary.
- Use baking soda for cleaning: For those stubborn spots inside your NuRich, mix 2-3 tablespoons of baking soda with a small amount of warm water to form a scrubbing paste. Dip the bristles of your bottle brush in the paste and work paste into affected area on the inside of your NuRich. Repeat as necessary until stain disappears.
- Wash your Life Grabber Wide Mouth Lid, Rise & Grind Wide Mouth Lid, Super Sport Lid in the dishwasher: The Hydro Flip Lid and Wide Straw Lid are top-rack dishwasher safe. The cap may last longer if it is hand washed, but if it needs to be deep cleaned, the dishwasher is acceptable.